Family trip destinations
Child-friendly trip destinations and highlights of the region
In the Salzburger Land there is a lot to see. Particularly exciting for children, big and small, are the Hohenwerfen living history castle and Salt Worlds at Hallein...
The toy museum in the City of Salzburg is likewise a real highlight for children. When you are here in the Fischerwirt Hotel we will gladly recommend further destinations for trips with the whole family to you.
Highlights of the surrounding area
A trip to the Middle Ages - Hohenwerfen Living History Castle
In addition to the exciting raptor displays and castle tour, above all the special events for children are special experience. In the children's knights' tournament they can take the role of a lady of the castle or a knight.
Toy museum and the Haus der Natur (House of Nature) in Salzburg
In the toy museum in the City of Salzburg toys aren't only for looking at, here children can get hold of the items exhibited and play with them. In the House of Nature you can see a lot of interesting things and can take a lot of new impressions home.
On the trail of the miners in the Hallein Salt Worlds
Entering by miners' cart, the long miners' slides and a large mirror lake inside the mine are the high points for children in the Hallein Salt Worlds. On the guided tour of the mine children will learn about the mining of salt and its history in an exciting way.
Further destinations for trips
ca. 30 minutes by car
- Fantasiana adventure park at Strasswalchen
- Hoppolino - Indoor play and fun in Anif
- Abarena - Outdoor and Indoor Arena in Abersee
- Village of the Animals in Abersee
- Hellbrunn palace with the water games and animal park
- Werfen Ice Giant World
Further children's activities close by
- Swimming and campfire at the Hintersee
- Forest climbing trail in Faistenau
- Horse experience with Didi on the farm in Faistenau
- Pony riding at the Schmied farm in Faistenau
- Children's angling at the Karner fish ponds in Faistenau
- Fairy tale trail to the Schafbach alpine pasture in Faistenau
- Bear Cave and Bear Path on the Lidaun
- Summer toboggan runs in Fuschl am See, Strobl and Hallein
- Fuschlsee bathing and electric boat hire at the Fuschlsee
- Salzburg Kartworld - Go-Kart Track
In the summer months in the Fuschlseeregion we have the children's activity programme (baking bread, horse experience, weaving a rug, forest adventure, …) and the Via Culinaria 4 Kids (alpine herb walk, barbecue fish on a stick, bake bread on a stick, make French toast yourself, jam-making and the wonderful world of bees). The Fischerwirt Country Hotel in Faistenau in the Salzkammergut - your ideal home from home for an unforgettable, stimulating Family holiday with trips and highlights in the Salzburger Land. Send us a non-binding enquiry for a holiday with your children.