Magical winter and snow
We were awarded the categories "Nordic Fit" & "Touring Ski" by Cross Country Ski Holidays. This means that special equipment & services are available to you as a ski mountaineer at our hotel. These are subject to regular checks.
We are specialised in the needs of active off-piste winter sports enthusiasts. The right equipment and numerous extras guarantee unforgettable holiday moments. Competent advice and tour bookings are available from guide Wolfgang Kinz.
- We are the specialist for your touring ski holiday
- Stand by you with advice & action
- Ski rack outside
- Lockable ski room with ski rack and boot dryer
- Facilities for drying sportswear
- Equipment rental near the hotel (Sport Auer)
- Laundry service (for a fee)
- Waxing corner with waxing stand, waxing accessories (waxing iron, waxing blade, base brushes)
- Free shuttle
- Exclusive WaldSPA
- Sun room with family sauna & infrared sauna
- Massages (for a fee)
The Fuschlsee region offers you the perfect panorama for dreamlike ski touring with the mountains of the Salzburger Land and the area of the Osterhorn group. Here, every touring skier will find a variety of different routes with varying degrees of difficulty. Exciting and unique moments in the snow await you! Should you now want to shorten the time until your next ski tour a little, you can already plan your winter holiday at the ****Hotel Fischerwirt Natur.WaldSPA.
For you, there is nothing more beautiful than untouched snow, glistening away from prepared pistes? In Salzburger Land you can realise this dream with touring skiing.
To learn and train ski touring, try the touring ski trail in Faistenau to the Loibersbacher Höhe. Numerous display boards and instructions on site guide the touring skier to the summit of the Loibersbacher Höhe and provide descriptive information on the basis of which you can carry out your tour on your own responsibility.
Beginners can learn more about the sport and the correct behaviour in the terrain with the help of seven display boards. This also includes topics such as alpine safety and avalanche awareness. It is important to always check the current avalanche warning level before starting and to assess whether the ascent is possible. The signposting for the tour suggestions only serves as basic information and is not consistently applied. It does not protect against alpine dangers and avalanches. Use the suggested tours at your own risk.
Tour data of the ski touring trail in Faistenau:
- Metres in altitude: 650 m uphill
- Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours
- Length: 4.3 kilometres
- Difficulty: easy
- Condition: medium
Zwölferhorn (1.521 m)
- Altitude difference: 870
- Difficulty level: medium
- Duration of the ascent: approx. 2 hours.
- Ascent: From the Tiefbrunnau car park along the forest road, up to the Sausteigalm. As an alternative to the forest road (in poor snow conditions), you can also use the signposted "Alte Almweg", which leads directly from the car park. At the upper car park, below the Sausteigalm, the trail leads high above the "steep slope" (the former drag track) directly to the summit cross. However, if you want to take it a little easier, you can also pass the steep slope on the left and reach your destination.
- Descent: Over the steep slope and then following the ascent track back down into the valley.
Bergköpfl (Auhofköpfl) to Hintersee (1.480 m)
- Altitude difference: 730
- Best time from December to March, avalanche danger exists on the summit ascent with large amounts of fresh snow.
- Difficulty level: short and easy
- Duration of the ascent: approx. 2 hours
- Ascent: From the Salzstein car park, walk a short distance along a forest road. Now do not keep to the left in the direction of the Bergalm, but climb straight up the north ridge to a hunting lodge on the Auhofalm. Now keep to the right up to the next ridge and follow it, finally climbing through a forest to the summit.
- Descent: Follow the ascent track over the northern ridge back down to Hintersee.
Gennerhorn to Lämmerbach (1735 m)
- Altitude difference: 900
- Difficulty level: difficult
- In spring when the snow cover is very wet - basic avalanches.
- Ascent: From Lämmerbach up to the Genneralm. From here, keep to the right and walk around a hill before reaching the eastern flank of the Gennerhorn. Now climb up the steep eastern flank to just below a rocky ledge and cross to the left onto the eastern ridge. In the further course you reach the summit in an easy ascent. Note: This ascent should only be undertaken in very safe avalanche conditions. If the snow is hard or gnarled, it is essential to use crampons for the ascent. There is a danger of falling if you slip.
- Descent: You descend via the eastern ridge until you can enter the eastern flank via a ramp on the left. The descent to the Genneralm is beautiful and you then descend along the alpine road to Lämmerbach. The eastern flank of the Gennerhorn has a steepness of over 34 degrees. It requires very good skiing skills.
- Faistenauer Schafberg (1.559 m)
- Königsberghorn (1621 m)
- Regenspitz (1675 m)
- Hoher First (1718 m)
- Hochwieskopf (1745 m)
- Hoher Zinken (1764 m)
Silent peace on the mountain, ascent in powder snow, magnificent view from the summit and then the dreamlike descent through the untouched snow. That is a winter holiday in the Salzkammergut at the ****Hotel Fischerwirt Natur.WaldSPA. If we have awakened your enthusiasm for ski touring, then send us your enquiry.
Winter holiday in Salzkammergut
Family ski resort Gaissau-Hintersee & ski lifts in Faistenau
Skiing in Salzburg Land
Active cross-country skiing package
08.01. - 20.03.2022
08.01. - 20.03.2022
from € 409,- per person
with rental equipment if required